October 22, 2010
2010 Commercial Building Awards Winners Announced
KELOWNA, BC – An enthusiastic crowd celebrated the winners of the second annual Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board’s (OMREB) Commercial Zone’s Commercial Building Awards on Thursday, October 21 at the Coast Capri Hotel.
The gala event highlighted the best in commercial building in OMREB’s jurisdiction – from Peachland to Revelstoke – celebrating projects completed between January 1, 2009 and September 1, 2010.
“The awards recognize the unique variety of quality commercial, industrial and investment real estate developments throughout the Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board,” says Tim Down of OMREB’s Commercial Zone executive and the 2010 Awards Committee Chair. “We see the event as a great opportunity to raise awareness of the new real estate projects that enhance our communities through their design.”
There were 12 categories represented at the 2010 event sponsored by REMAX Western Canada, Terasen Gas, Fortis BC, Business Thompson Okanagan, and SW Audio Visual. A ‘Judge’s Choice’ award for best of show was also be chosen by the adjudicators.
“The judges had a very difficult time making up their minds on the award winners, as there were a wide variety of buildings from throughout the region with many different styles and unique aspects about them,” Down notes. “It speaks to the creativity we have in the Okanagan and Shuswap, particularly when it comes to commercial buildings.”
The 2010 winners of Commercial Building Awards were:
• Commercial Office: Beeline Web (Lake Country)
• Commercial Retail: Rexall Building (Kelowna)
• Hospitality: Sparkling Hill (Vernon)
• Industrial: Tow and Stow Dry Marina (West Kelowna)
• Institutional Recreation: H2O Adventure and Fitness Centre (Kelowna)
• Institutional Assembly: Sikh Temple (Kelowna)
• Institutional Community: Okanagan College Centre for Learning (Kelowna)
• Multi-family Townhouse: Dwell (Kelowna)
• Multi-family Apartment – Mixed Use: The Madison (Kelowna)
• Multi-family Apartment: Waterscapes (Kelowna)
• Renovation: Acorn Dental (Salmon Arm)
• Green: Okanagan College Centre for Learning (Kelowna)
• Judges Choice: Okanagan College Centre for Learning (Kelowna)
OMREB’s Commercial Zone selected the judges for the awards. Nominations were received from throughout the Board area.
Click here for PDF of media release.